Job Advert Details
About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a permanent Technical Administrator to join our growing Asset Management (Electricity) Department at our Hamilton Office.
As Technical Administrator you will provide reliable and efficient administrative support for activities on, and additions to, the company’s electricity networks. You will support the overall operations and control of the company’s electricity distribution networks, to ensure effective operations and management of adopted networks and the customers they serve.
Have you got the drive to go the Last Mile?
- Maintain and follow all relevant administrative procedures for Asset Management.
- Telephone answering and diverting of calls to relevant individuals, where necessary.
- Management of various department mailboxes, responding and diverting to relevant individuals.
- Use of the company’s various business systems to search for, retrieve, and record relevant information.
- Processing Planned Supply Interruption requests from ICP’s and direct contractors, ensuring Statutory Notification letters are sent to customers within the Guaranteed Standards of Performance (GSOP) timescales.
- Assisting the Networks Coordinator managing and responding to enquiries, complaints, and compensation claims.
- Processing notifications and compensation payments to customers, where the business has failed any of its GSOS/GSOP obligations.
- Processing Priority Service Registrations into relevant database(s) ensuring that the company data protection policy is always followed.
- Provide general admin support for creation of Purchase Orders, processing and delivery of outgoing letters and notices.
- Control/order/issue/inventory of miscellaneous stock (signage, PPE, locks etc) for issuing to the relevant ICP’s, internal departments, or staff as required.
- Manage incoming ICP whereabouts and collate into the weekly tracker shared within the business.
- Ensure that the relevant business systems are maintained in good order in respect of the recording of all information related to the company’s electricity assets.
- Managing supply interruption and asset damage notifications, to ensure satisfactory engagement and response to customers, developers, ICP’s and third parties working in proximity to company networks.
- Liaise with the contracted third-party call centre, contractors, and internal resources to support the Electricity Networks Manager in the efficient operation of the company’s networks.
- Provide departmental administrative support in relation to reactive repairs, routine maintenance and inspection works.
- Liaising with customers and internal/external stakeholders via phone and email.
- Manage the business’ ‘Out of Hours’ standby cover rota to ensure that it is always up to date, including shift changes or absence/sickness cover required.
- Assist with the receipt and first stage processing of ‘Electricity Network Connection and Access Requests’, as part of the Electricity Network Control process.
- Assist the Networks Coordinators in the revenue recovery process for ‘recoverable’ faults and damages costs.
- Prioritise own workload, based on BAU tasks and support required by peers.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, quality, and regulatory requirements.
- 5 GCSE’s / Standard Grades, including Maths and English at A-C.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar technical administrative role, in a customer or contractor facing environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent IT literacy in the general use of Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio etc
- Ability to adapt to other industry commercial, or in-house, business IT systems.
- Excellent English and numeracy skills.
- Experience of working within an ICP or DNO/IDNO environment.
- General appreciation of Electricity/Gas/Water utilities
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 days holiday, increasing after 2 years by 1 day each year up to 30 days, plus 9 public holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- EV and ULEV salary sacrifice scheme (subject to minimum length of service)
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Up to 7% employer pension contribution
- Life assurance (x4 annual basic salary)
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee assistance programme
And once you have successfully completed your probation, you will have access to:
- Hybrid working for eligible roles (3 days in the office, 2 from home)
- Flexible start and finish times for eligible roles
- Private medical insurance
- Company sick pay
At Last Mile Infrastructure Group, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
It is our vision to be the UK’s leading independent multi-utility provider. People are our most valuable “asset” and therefore it is our mission to not only attract but retain the best talent to support delivery of our corporate business strategy and share our company’s success.
At Last Mile, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!