Job Advert Details
About the opportunity:
Seize the opportunity to be a driving force of innovation! We're on the lookout for a dedicated Permanent New Connections Craftsperson to join our thriving Resources department, with a focus on the South Wales region.
As a New Connections Craftsperson, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring the timely and budget-conscious delivery of gas and water Contestable Connections. Join us in shaping the future of infrastructure and be part of a team that's making a real impact!
Ready to energise your career with UK Power Solutions?
- Ensure before commencing work you are in receipt of all relevant paperwork required and that you understand the task/s that you have been instructed to undertake;
- Carry out on site Risk Assessments before commencing works;
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of Health Safety & Quality at all times;
- Ensure all works are carried out to UK Power Solutions Ltd / DNO specifications;
- Ensure the appropriate usage of Tools, Equipment & Plant;
- Make the project supervisor / project manager aware of any project variations;
- Report all accidents and incidents;
- Complete all site records and paperwork as required;
- Ensure any personnel under your supervision have the relevant experience, knowledge & training to carry out tasks;
- When carrying out works within the public highway ensure works signed and barriered in accordance with Chapter 8 NRSWA;
Knowledge / Qualifications:
- NJUG understanding
- An understanding of correct depths, sanding, tape, other utilities
- NCO Water main-layer and or service layer (essential)
- NCO Gas main-layer and or service layer (essential)
- SCMC(CP) (desirable)
- SCO Core, PTW, FOA and RO (desirable)
- EUSR or ECS card
- Full UK driving licence
- First aid certification
- NRSWA Operator certification (desirable)
We offer good benefits and remuneration packages, but most importantly, an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person.
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Days
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
- Up to 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance (x4 Annual Basic Salary)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Sick Pay
At Last Mile Infrastructure, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP). We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
At UKPS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!