Job Advert Details
About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a permanent Water Design Engineer to join our growing Water Design department at our Stonehouse Office.
As Water Design Engineer, you will undertake water design and planning associated with the construction and installation of new contestable water connections for residential and industrial/commercial developments.
Ready to energise your career and make your mark in the industry with UK Power Solutions?
- To carry out simple/complex design in accordance with WIRS requirements
- Produce effective design drawings for all aspects of the project
- Design water mains and service connections in accordance with Water UK Water Sector Guidance including the adopting Water Company’s Design and Construction Specification
- Make site visits to ascertain detailed information related to the design and planning of a project
- Manage own portfolio of design work, on time and within budget
- Review designs carried out by others and offer informal training to other team members
- Escalate issues to Developer Services leads within Water Companies
- Fully understand CDM requirements including roles/responsibilities
- Work effectively within the design team to ensure smooth project delivery
Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 3 years previous experience of designing new water networks
- Understanding of the Self-Lay/NAV market
- Water Network Modelling Software (WaterGEMS or similar)
- Knowledge of engineering codes, regulations, standards and specifications
Qualifications (desirable or working towards):
- IEng with a recognised professional institute such as CIWEM, ICE, IoW or equivalent.
- L3 Diploma in Designing Water networks (CABWI) or equivalent.
- Ability to manage own work load by effectively prioritising and multi-tasking
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), must be confident and courteous on the telephones and be able to communicate at all levels
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Customer service oriented with focus on the success of the business
- People person yet resilient and assertive with proactive and positive attitude
We offer good benefits and remuneration packages, but most importantly, an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person.
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Days
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
- Up to 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance (x4 Annual Basic Salary)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Hybrid Working (3 days in the Office, 2 from home)
- Flexible Start and Finish Time
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Sick Pay
At Last Mile Infrastructure, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP). We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
As a part of the Last Mile Infrastructure Group, one of UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, we own and operate in excess of 300,000 gas and electricity connections serving residential and commercial customers. In total the Group employs over 650 people across the UK.
At UKPS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!