- Provide administrative support within Gas Network Asset Management team that operates and manages the Last Mile Gas Ltd (LMGL) networks throughout the UK.
- Manage and support regulatory and statutory compliance in terms of safety, best practice, legislation, accreditations, reporting, and industry and company standards.
- Preparation and provision of data for accurate and timely reporting on network statistics and regulatory returns.
- Support the overall operations and control of the company’s gas networks, to ensure effective operations and management of adopted networks and the customers they serve.
- To provide support for activities on, and additions to, the company’s electricity and gas networks.
Job Advert Details
About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a temporary Technical Administrator to join our Asset Management department at our Hamilton Office. Contract will end on the 22nd of December.
As Technical Administrator you will provide efficient, effective, and professional administrative support internally to the Gas Asset Management team and other business customers as directed.
Have you got the drive to go the Last Mile?
- Support the overall operations and safe control of the company’s gas distribution networks, to ensure effective operation and management of the adopted networks and the customers they serve.
- Provide support for activities on, and additions to, the company’s gas networks.
- Data entry of Technical and Customer information to facilitate business compliance and obligations.
- Managing and responding to queries from a variety of sources internally and externally.
- Manage regular and routine correspondence with various departments throughout the business.
- Responsible for working to process, policies, and procedures.
- Handling customer queries in a timely and suitable manner.
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of all duties.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Organised, methodical approach to work with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and team player who can build relationships quickly and deliver a high level of customer service.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work to targets, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Able to work with conflicting priorities.
- IT literacy with the ability to use MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
Previous experience in a similar role.
Experience in utility industry – desirable
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 days holiday, increasing after 2 years by 1 day each year up to 30 days, plus 9 public holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- EV and ULEV salary sacrifice scheme (subject to minimum length of service)
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Up to 7% employer pension contribution
- Life assurance (x4 annual basic salary)
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee assistance programme
And once you have successfully completed your probation, you will have access to:
- Hybrid working for eligible roles (3 days in the office, 2 from home)
- Flexible start and finish times for eligible roles
- Private medical insurance
- Company sick pay
At Last Mile Infrastructure Group, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 electricity, gas, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
It is our vision to be the UK’s leading independent multi-utility provider. People are our most valuable “asset” and therefore it is our mission to not only attract but retain the best talent to support delivery of our corporate business strategy and share our company’s success.
At Last Mile, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!