Job Advert Details
About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a permanent Asset Inspector to join our growing Asset Adoption Engineering department. It is a remote role however you will cover the South/ Midlands region (Preferably based in Oxford/ Gloucester/ Milton Keynes).
As Asset Inspector will provide a comprehensive, advisory and support function for the construction and adoption of all networks that are to be adopted by Last Mile. The successful candidate will undertake site base inspections and surveys ensuring Last Mile assets are constructed in accordance with technical and safety standards and liaise with Independent Connection Providers (ICP) to ensure any construction issues are identified through to successful resolution.
Have you got the drive to go the Last Mile?
- Carry out inspections on all aspects of the networks being constructed, including substation installation, PRI installation, main laying, cable jointing, electrofusion joints and update the necessary business systems with the output.
- Provide advice and support to ICPs working with or on behalf of LMAM on health, safety, environmental, quality, and best practice matters.
- To conduct post adoption regulatorily inspections in accordance with industry guidance and procedures.
- Ensure any Defect during construction is notified and closed out by the ICP in a timely manner.
- Provide first response for faults and liaise with emergency service providers to ensure guaranteed standards of performance are achieved.
- Ensure that safe working practices are always maintained.
- Manage regular and routine correspondence with internal and external stakeholders to control and deliver onsite requirements.
- Provide monthly reports detailing audits complete, issues and trends.
- Provide onsite support for ICPs enquiries.
- Liaise with up-stream Network Operators as and when required.
- Carry out other duties which are appropriate to the post as may be reasonably requested by your Line Manager.
What we are looking for:
- Craft Qualification/ Apprenticeship
- HNC/HND in Engineering
- Relevant Utility experience in Gas/ Electrical Distribution
- Understanding of Gas/ Electrical Industry Registration Scheme
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Experienced in risk assessment, auditing, and risk management techniques.
- High standard of written and spoken communication.
- Produce reports for various levels in the organisation following inspections and audits.
- Maintain and analyse reports and inspections results.
- Attention to detail
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
· 25 Days Holiday plus 9 Statutory Days
· Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
· Up top 7% Employer Pension Contribution
· Life Assurance (x4 Annual Salary)
· Refer a Friend Incentive
· Car Allowance
· Discretionary Bonus up to 15% of Annual Salary
· Private Medical Insurance
· Company Sick Pay
At Last Mile Infrastructure Group, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
It is our vision to be the UK’s leading independent multi-utility provider. People are our most valuable “asset” and therefore it is our mission to not only attract but retain the best talent to support delivery of our corporate business strategy and share our company’s success.
At Last Mile, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!