About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a Permanent Laterals Electrician to join our growing Resources department to cover the London region.
As an Laterals Electrician, you will install new utility connections in multi-occupancy dwellings.
Ready to energise your career and make your mark in the industry with UK Power Solutions?
- Working on Multi-Occupancy Dwellings
- Installing 35mm LSOH service cables to Cut-Out positions
- Termination of cables into Cut-Outs
- Service Terminations into Multi Service Distribution Boards of various sizes
- Working with cables ranging from 35mm LSOH to 300mm LSOH
- Testing throughout installation
- Recording of all Certs and data relevant to install
- Working with or in other Crafts Teams
- Ensuring a high Level of quality and workmanship on all work
- Identifying and rectifying any on site issues
- Working with Project Managers and Supervisors
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of Health, Safety & Quality at all times and adhere to all UKPS safety procedures
Experience / Knowledge:
- Previous experience with cable installs and termination
- On site experience
- Manual handling training and experience
- Qualifications at Electrical Improver level or Jointer’s mate are desirable but not essential
- High level of workmanship
- Excellent attention to detail on all aspects of work
- Ability to work well in a team, but equally on own initiative with a proactive approach to all tasks
- Basic IT literacy – able to use MS Office programmes including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Physically able to carry out frequent manual handling duties and outdoor work (when required)
- Must be able to drive in the UK and be over the age of 21 (due to insurance restrictions)
- 25 days holiday, increasing after 2 years by 1 day each year up to 30 days, plus 9 public holidays
- EV and ULEV salary sacrifice scheme (subject to minimum length of service)
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Up to 7% employer pension contribution
- Life assurance (x4 annual basic salary)
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee assistance programme
And once you have successfully completed your probation, you will have access to:
- Private medical insurance
- Company sick pay
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP) part of the Last Mile infrastructure. We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
At Last Mile Infrastructure, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
At UKPS & Last Mile, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!