Job Advert Details
Looking for a great opportunity to kickstart your career in engineering? UK Power Solutions has the perfect opportunity for recent graduates! We are seeking Graduate Engineers to join our expanding Engineering Department at our regional offices in Stonehouse, London, and Warrington.
As a Graduate Engineer at UK Power Solutions, you will have access to a tailored two-year training programme with support from experienced mentors. This role offers exciting opportunities for personal growth, development, and career progression in the electrical, gas and water fields.
Apply now and take the first step towards a bright future with UK Power Solutions!
Electrical, Gas or Water Design Department
To support Electrical, Gas or Water Design & Planning Engineers and to undertake the following:
- Interpret client requirements.
- Design of connection schemes in accordance with engineering directives.
- Produce effective plans and schematic drawings for all aspects of a project.
- Produce detailed project designs using relevant design software applications.
- Manage portfolio of design work, on time and within budget.
- Attend customer design/delivery meetings.
- Ensure design compliance with CDM.
- Liaise with regional distribution network operators (DNO) on design and planning matters.
- Be fully conversant with DNO specifications and standards.
- Liaise with and support the UKPS Construction Department on technical and planning matters.
Change Control/Estimating Department:
To support Estimating Engineers and Change Control Team to undertake the following:
- Deliver to our water, gas & electrical customers.
- Interpret client requirements.
- Produce detailed project costing using software applications and spreadsheets.
- Understand contestable connections, specifications and guidelines.
- Correct interpretation of electrical loadings.
- Produce outline designs for use at estimating stage, using AutoCAD software.
- Accurately cost the turnkey solution using the UKPS process model.
- Produce turnkey package solutions within a set timescale.
- Provide and feedback relevant KPIs.
- Carry out all work to UKPS and DNO specifications.
- Acquire quotations/tenders from suppliers and manufacturers.
- To be fully aware of the market that UK Power Solutions are operating within.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, with good communication skills and a collaborative ethic.
- Organisational awareness.
- Analytical thinker.
- Quick learner, with a thirst for continuous professional development.
- Customer service orientated, with a desire to achieve the best results and contribute to the success of UKPS.
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Days
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
- Up to 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance (x3 Annual Basic Salary)
- Flexible start and finish time
- Hybrid Working
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Sick Pay
At Last Mile Infrastructure, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP). We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
As a part of the Last Mile Infrastructure Group, one of UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, we own and operate in excess of 300,000 gas and electricity connections serving residential and commercial customers. In total the Group employs over 650 people across the UK.
At UKPS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!