Job Advert Details
About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a permanent Electrical Engineer to join our growing Design department at our Warrington Office.
As Electrical Design Engineer, you will play a critical role in our team, undertaking HV/LV design and planning related to the construction and installation of new electricity contestable connections and diversions from LV up to 132kV. Your expertise will help us deliver the best possible service to our customers and ensure that we continue to lead the way in the power solutions industry.
Ready to energise your career and make your mark in the industry with UK Power Solutions?
- To design Contestable Connection schemes in accordance with Engineering directives
- Produce effective plans and schematic drawings for all aspects of the project
- Escalate any major or commercial issues experienced in the team to the Design Manager
- Design electricity connections to engineering standards including DNO/IDNO, ENA and BS7671 specifications
- Make site visits to ascertain detailed information related to the design and planning of a project
- Manage own portfolio of design work, on time and within budget
- Ensure design compliance with CDM
- Liaise with and support the UKPS team on technical and planning matters to ensure smooth project delivery
Experience / Knowledge:
- Previous experience in the utility sector in a similar role
- A sound understanding of distribution networks
- Previous experience of connections design is a distinct advantage
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline, with modules in Power Distribution
- Solid organisational awareness and ability
- Ability to work effectively within a team, with good communication skills and a collaborative ethic
- Customer service orientated, and a desire to achieve the best results and contribute to the success of UKPS
- Analytical thinker
We offer good benefits and remuneration packages, but most importantly, an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person.
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Days
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
- Up to 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance (x4 Annual Basic Salary)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Hybrid Working (4 days in the Office, 1 from home)
- Flexible Start and Finish Time
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Sick Pay
At Last Mile Infrastructure, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP). We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
As a part of the Last Mile Infrastructure Group, one of UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, we own and operate in excess of 300,000 gas and electricity connections serving residential and commercial customers. In total the Group employs over 650 people across the UK.
At UKPS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!