Job Advert Details
About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a permanent Design Support Technician to join our growing Design & Planning department at our Stonehouse, Gloucestershire Office.
As an Design Support Technician, you will work alongside our experienced Design & Planning Engineers to assist with the design and planning of new electricity connections.
This is an exciting opportunity for a school leaver to kickstart their career in electrical design with a growing independent company that operates nationally. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and work towards an Electrical Engineering qualification, with the ultimate goal of becoming a qualified Design and Planning Engineer.
Ready to energise your career with UK Power Solutions?
- Ordering Ordnance Survey data
- Creating Health and Safety plans
- Assisting with Earthing Data reports
- Design submission pack preparation
- Preparing and submitting electrical designs for approvals to Networks
- Ensuring tasks are completed to industry and company SLA’s.
- Facilitate project handovers between design and construction departments.
- Updating company databases to assist with production of KPI’s.
- Liaise and effectively communicate with our legal advisors.
- Liaising with construction department and clients
- Monitoring document issuing
- Basic AutoCAD tasks
- Upkeep of information on the server
- Support design engineer in other design and planning activities
Experience / Knowledge:
- Administrative experience in the utility sector is desirable but not essential.
- Enthusiastic, professional and proactive attitude
- Good people skills
- Good communicator with high levels of attention to detail and high levels of integrity
- Willing to learn and proactive to assume challenges.
- Sense of responsibility and ownership
- Well organised
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as being part of a team.
- Fundamental knowledge of the utilities industry and its structure
- IT Literate
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
We offer good benefits and remuneration packages, but most importantly, an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person.
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 days holiday, increasing after 2 years by 1 day each year up to 30 days, plus 9 public holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- EV and ULEV salary sacrifice scheme (subject to minimum length of service)
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Up to 7% employer pension contribution
- Life assurance (x4 annual basic salary)
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee assistance programme
And once you have successfully completed your probation, you will have access to:
- Hybrid working
- Flexible start and finish times
- Private medical insurance
- Company sick pay
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP) part of the Last Mile infrastructure. We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
At Last Mile Infrastructure, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
At UKPS & Last Mile, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!