About the opportunity:
Do you want to unlock your potential in the Civils Industry? Are you ready to step up a challenge? If so, UKPS has a brand-new opportunity for a Civils Project Manager to join our Construction Team in Hayes, London.
You'll be at the forefront of major civil projects, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and in adherence to regulations and quality standards.
You will play a significant role that will involve collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders to develop robust project plans in the early stages. These plans will guide regional civils delivery teams to complete projects seamlessly. What sets this opportunity apart is your chance to actively contribute to the improvement of processes and procedures. By closely working with the Civils Delivery Team and our national Construction team, you'll play a key role in delivering exceptional results to our customers.
This position isn't just about project management; it's about making a lasting impact. As you navigate challenges, you'll have the opportunity to shape and optimise our operations, fostering growth not just for the projects but for your career within our growing business.
- Review the offsite elements of utility connection projects and develop detailed project plans, timelines, and schedules for large/complex offsite civils projects.
- Working with the UKPS design team, ensure the cable/pipe routes are value engineered and reduce risk as much as possible.
- Promote a positive health, safety & environmental culture with the vision of zero accidents/incidents.
- Support the construction team on complex offsite projects where necessary.
- Working closely with civils supervisors, contractors, and other stakeholders to maintain effective communication and coordination.
- Lead escalations with the Local Authorities and support with dispute resolutions.
- Attend onsite planning meetings to identify and agree stake holder requirements.
- Management of relationships with Local Authorities and other highways stakeholders.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Strong and proven experience of offsite civils utility installation
- Full understanding of NRSWA
- NRSWA supervisor
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Strong approach to customer service
- Commercial awareness
- Well organised
- Strong communications skills
We offer good benefits and remuneration packages, but most importantly, an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person.
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 days holiday, increasing after 2 years by 1 day each year up to 30 days, plus 9 public holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- EV and ULEV salary sacrifice scheme (subject to minimum length of service)
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Up to 7% employer pension contribution
- Life assurance (x4 annual basic salary)
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee assistance programme
And once you have successfully completed your probation, you will have access to:
- Hybrid working
- Flexible start and finish times
- Private medical insurance
- Company sick pay
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP) part of the Last Mile infrastructure. We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
At Last Mile Infrastructure, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
At UKPS & Last Mile, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!