Job Advert Details
About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a permanent Cable Jointer’s Mate to join our growing Resources department to cover the Gloucestershire region.
As an Cable Jointer’s Mate, you will be joining a growing team and working alongside, or as directed by, the New Connections Craftsman to assist with the installation and construction of Contestable Connections up to and including 33kV.
This position requires travel to different client sites, so flexibility and a full UK driving licence are essential. While most of your work will be within 2 hours of your home address, travel time is fully compensated. There may be occasions when you will need to work further away and stay overnight.
Ready to energise your career and make your mark in the multi-utility industry with UK Power Solutions?
- Ensure before commencing work you are in receipt of all relevant paperwork required and that you understand the task/s that you have been instructed to undertake.
- Carry out site Risk Assessments before commencing works.
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of Health Safety & Quality at all times.
- Ensure all works are carried out to UK Power Solutions Ltd / DNO specifications.
- Ensure the appropriate usage of tools and equipment
- Make the project manager / multi utility Site Manager aware of any project variations.
- Report all accidents and incidents.
- Complete all site records and paperwork daily as required.
- Ensure any personnel under your supervision have the relevant experience, knowledge & training to carry out tasks.
- When carrying out works within the public highway ensure works signed and barriered in accordance with Chapter 8 NRSWA.
Experience / Knowledge:
- If not already a LV or LV/HV Jointer, a desire to progress is essential
- Full UK driving licence
We offer good benefits and remuneration packages, but most importantly, an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person.
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Days
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
- Up to 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance (x4 Annual Basic Salary)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Sick Pay
At Last Mile Infrastructure, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP). We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
As a part of the Last Mile Infrastructure Group, one of UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, we own and operate in excess of 300,000 gas and electricity connections serving residential and commercial customers. In total the Group employs over 650 people across the UK.
At UKPS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!