Job Advert Details
About the opportunity:
Join the UK Power Solutions team as a New Connections Craft Team HV/LV and take on an exciting opportunity to deliver Contestable Connections up to 33kV on time and within budget. This role requires live LV mains and service jointing, MSDB's, short cable installs, and, if appropriately trained, 11kV/33kV jointing.
Our aim is for the majority of your work to be within a 2-hour radius of your home address. However, there may be times when you need to work farther away and stay overnight. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join a dynamic team and grow your career!
Ready to energise your career and make your mark in the industry with UK Power Solutions?
- Ensure before commencing work you are in receipt of all relevant information required and that you understand the task/s that you have been instructed to undertake
- Carry out on site Risk Assessments before commencing works
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of Health, Safety & Quality at all times
- Ensure all works are carried out to UK Power Solutions Ltd / DNO speciﬁcations
- Ensure the appropriate usage of Tools, Equipment & Plant
- Make the project supervisor / project manager aware of any project variations
- Report all accidents and incidents
- Complete all site records and tablet work as required
- Ensure any personnel under your supervision have the relevant experience, knowledge & training to carry out tasks
- When carrying out works within the public highway ensure works signed and barriered in accordance with Chapter 8 NRSWA
Experience / Knowledge:
- Recognised DNO/iDNO LV, LV live, 11kV and/or 33kV cable jointing training
- Previous DNO/iDNO LV, LV live, 11kV and/or 33kV cable jointing authorisation(s)
- EUSR or ECS card
- Full UK driving licence
- First aid certiﬁcation
- NRSWA Operator certiﬁcation (desirable)
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Days
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
- Up to 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance (x3 Annual Basic Salary)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Sick Pay
At Last Mile Infrastructure, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP). We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
As a part of the Last Mile Infrastructure Group, one of UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, we own and operate in excess of 300,000 gas and electricity connections serving residential and commercial customers. In total the Group employs over 650 people across the UK.
At UKPS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!