Job Advert Details
About the opportunity:
We're on the lookout for a CAD Technician to become a vital part of our expanding Design department at our Stonehouse, Gloucestershire Office.
As a CAD Technician, you'll be in the thick of the action, collaborating closely with our Design & Planning Engineer to craft and refine DNO/IDNO Substation, Cable Route, and Schematic AutoCAD Drawings.
The first 6 months in this role is your ticket to a exciting learning experience. You'll dive into our smaller projects, guided by our experienced CAD Technicians, and gradually progress to tackling more complex cases for our valued customers. Your journey with us has the potential to become a Senior CAD Technician.
Join our tight-knit CAD Team, a energetic group of 10 individuals spread across offices in Stonehouse, London, and Warrington. Are you ready to energise your career with UK Power Solutions?
- Preparation/production/amendment of drawings throughout project lifecycle in line with UK Power Solutions CAD standards.
- Coordination with other CAD technicians in the production of drawings.
- Ability to understand and apply design engineers’ instruction within the remit of individual projects
- Willing, keen and able to develop expertise in the role.
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with UK Power Solutions procedures and customer requirements.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Knowledge of Electricity Distribution Systems (desirable)
- Understanding of Utility Plans (desirable)
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to organise and manage own workload
We offer good benefits and remuneration packages, but most importantly, an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person.
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 days holiday, increasing after 2 years by 1 day each year up to 30 days, plus 9 public holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- EV and ULEV salary sacrifice scheme (subject to minimum length of service)
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Up to 7% employer pension contribution
- Life assurance (x4 annual basic salary)
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee assistance programme
And once you have successfully completed your probation, you will have access to:
- Hybrid working
- Flexible start and finish times
- Private medical insurance
- Company sick pay
We are UKPS; a fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP) part of the Last Mile infrastructure. We are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects.
At Last Mile Infrastructure, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers. Last Mile Asset Management adopt and operate electricity, gas, water and wastewater, and ground source heat/cooling networks that are designed, installed and commissioned by Lloyds accredited Independent Connection providers (ICPs).
At UKPS & Last Mile, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!