Job Advert Details
About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a permanent Business Development Manager to join our growing Sales and Design department to cover North of England region.
As a Business Development Manager you will be focused on progressing potential projects through from enquiry stage to converting to a sale, to achieve agreed business development objectives. Forging and building relations with key prospective clients with a view to securing repeat project enquiries and repeat business opportunities.
Could you power up your career with Energetics?
- Achievement of agreed sales targets from both new and existing clients
- Successfully manage a portfolio of key accounts and ensure high levels of repeat business and customer satisfaction
- Target and secure new business including leads, enquiries, and sales.
- Proactively develop new business/accounts to agree targets, managing the clients expectations in terms of timescales and costs
- Attend client meetings on a regular basis
- Manage and interpret customer needs by gaining a good understanding of the customers’ development plans and by developing an excellent working relationship
- Plan, organise and prioritise sales activities to meet agreed targets
- Work closely with the Design and administration team to ensure quotations are issued to agreed timescales
- Maintain and develop detailed knowledge of the service proposition’s key features and unique benefits
- Maintain a high awareness of competitor propositions and regional activity
- Input to marketing/promotional activity and supporting marketing events where required
- Delivering of sales presentations both internal and external as required
- Provide monthly sales reports to deadlines e.g. trends, sales performance to target, competitor intelligence etc.
- Be alert to identify key business opportunities for Energetics across both housing and the industrial sector.
The above is not an exhaustive list of all the duties.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Evidence of previous sales positions and targets achieved.
- Experience in a similar B2B role ideally within the utility connections, construction or a similar sector
- Experienced at successfully managing a portfolio of customers with full account management
- Focused and positive with a drive to achieve
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focused with total commitment to exceeding customer needs.
- Being able to organise and prioritise your own workload in line with out put and targets
- Builds rapport quickly and develops excellent relations with customers and colleagues
- Articulate and persuasive
- Creative and uses initiative to both manage accounts and develop new business
- Excellent at tackling issues in a positive, proactive, and practical way
- HNC/ HND/A degree in a business or technical discipline is preferred
- ICP/IDNO/IGT experience
- or sales experience into the new build housing sector
- Experience gained in a B2B environment with technical exposure would be advantageous
We offer good benefits and remuneration packages, but most importantly, an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person.
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Days
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
- Up to 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance (x4 Annual Basic Salary)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Car Allowance
- Discretionary Bonus of up to 15% of Basic Annual Salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Sick Pay
At Last Mile Infrastructure Group, we are one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 500,000 gas, electricity, water and wastewater connections serving residential and commercial customers.
Energetics Design & Build work with the UK’s leading house builders, construction firms and independent consulting companies. We provide gas, electricity and water connections to new residential and commercial developments for housing and construction customers across the North of England, North Wales, and Scotland.
It is our vision to be the UK’s leading independent multi-utility provider. People are our most valuable “asset” and therefore it is our mission to not only attract but retain the best talent to support delivery of our corporate business strategy and share our company’s success. To achieve this, we need to be at our very best in everything we do – and employ experienced, enthuastic and committed people.
At Energetics, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment, where employee wellbeing is at the forefront in making sure our people feel valued. We provide tailored ongoing training and development, but most importantly, long term career opportunities for you to Grow With Us. If you are motivated to succeed and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to hear from you!